Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wearing My Heart

This is the second time I have knit this shawl. The first found a new home when I wore it while on retreat. It is such a lovely design and seems to me that it must be knit in red because of the hearts worked in the pattern. I LOVE RED. I just had to knit another to keep.  This time I used a more luxurious fiber - Sweet Georgia Yarns Cashluxe Fine, a blend of 70% merino, 20% cashmere and 10% nylon.  The colorway is a deep, rich red called China Doll. I used red glass beads which have a silver lining (there are over 700 beads knit into this shawl). 

God calls us to give our heart away, to allow Him to take and use us as His hands and feet. Many times, my reaction to the overwhelming need in our world is to close away my heart in an attempt to protect it.  Only when we open our heart to sharing the journey of life with others do we find our heart filled to overflowing with love. 

I pray that you find yourself willing to open your heart to all that God has in store for you - no matter how many times you find yourself called to do so.

Psalm 28:7: The Lord is my strength and my shield; my HEART trusts in him, and he helps me. My HEART leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.










1 comment:

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.