Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A (re) union: Carah and Claudio's Wedding

In the soft twilight hours on June 1st, Carah and Claudio exchanged their vows under God's beautiful Texas sky decorated with glowing white lanterns and twinkling white lights.  They were surrounded by blooming bushes and many family and friends, in the shadow of the Fort Worth skyline.

We were thrilled to be included in witnessing these two unite in marriage and share their love for each other.  We weren't alone.  As usually happens with a large, close family - celebrations such as this becomes a bit of a family reunion.

In Texas fashion, a buffet was served with a selection of bar-b-que and Mexican foods. The dishes were selected for their uniqueness and will be donated to a women's shelter to assist other's in a new start.  You can see by the empty plates that the food was delicious. 

Aren't the cakes lovely?


Hearts
join to make these cute fans for 
guests.

Family and friends were encouraged to help create a special family tree for the newly married couple.  A thumbprint and your name placed along a branch makes this a very special remembrance.


Additionally, there was a photo booth - which the kids loved!  A Mariachi band serenaded the newlyweds and opened the after-dinner festivities.










Let me introduce you to some of my family!

My favorite date, my nephew Dakota, giving me a hug!




Leonard, my FIL, visiting with Scott, father of the bride.






Kathye and her nephew, Kyle, hamming it up!



My husband, Kelly, getting a hug from his cousin Becky, mother of the bride.







My husband Kelly with his nephews, Jeff and Dakota.




Cousins, Melissa (my daughter) and Jennifer.




The bride and her brother, Preston, share a hug.


My in-laws, Theta (great aunt
of the bride) and Leonard.





My husband, Kelly, hugging his cousin, Rhnea (aunt of the bride).
 

Sondra,
Jo Lynn
(aunts of the bride) and Carol (grandmother of the bride).


 My daughter, Melissa and the lovely table flowers.
 
Kathye, Theta (my MIL), Kim and her son, Kyle.
 

1 comment:

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.