Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's on the Loom

I have recently shared some of my knitting projects.  I thought you might like to see something I'm weaving for a change. 

With the move, I wanted to have something new for the kitchen.  The quickest, easiest way I know to update a cooking space is new linens.  With this in mind, I have started weaving cotton kitchen towels in a red and white pattern. 

I really enjoy the rhythm I get into when weaving on my looms.  The sound of the beater, the gentle jingle of the metal heddles, the swoosh of the shuttle moving between the fiber and the mindless wandering of my thoughts all unite to make this a relaxing way to spend my time.  Oh yeah, I get a usable finished product when I'm done, too.

I love the look of a warped loom.  Even thought I'm only using four of the eight shafts, the beauty of the loom shines through. The fabric being created is colorful but I like the design of the loom itself.









1 comment:

  1. Very nice twill. Glad to see you are weaving along. Thanks for showing me the knotting technique at the shop last week. This is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.