Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lovin' My Tulsa Time

Tulsa, Oklahoma holds a dear place in my heart.  I moved there as a child when dad accepted a position with the City of Tulsa as Director of Street Maintenance.  I met my husband there.  Our daughter was born in Tulsa.  Tulsa is only a short 3.5 hours drive from our current home and with a move looming which will take our drive to more than 8 hours, we recently traveled north of the Red River to visit.  I thought you might like a tour of some of my favorite things about Tulsa...











The "pink hospital" aka Saint Francis.  Many family births and deaths have occurred in this facility.

LaFortune Park - the place to go for walks, picnics, ducks, golf...




Southroads Mall - My mom was the first FEMALE certified marketing director in the country and worked for this mall as I was growing up.  I had my first job here and spent many weekends helping out as a costume character or blowing up balloons.












 Quik Trip - a Tulsa original.  I have managed to pass on my love of the icee drink to our daughter, best made with multiple flavors!

Memorial High School - where I graduated in '82.  Love my Chargers!












Loops - a yarn and fiber store (actually they have 2 locations - South and Utica)! Do I really need to explain this to you?








Elmer's BBQ "It be Bad!" - yes, something so "bad" is so extremely good.








My in-laws: Theta and Leonard live in Tulsa.  This is our daughter, Melissa, with her grandparents.








No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.