Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Easter Shawl





Last year, Easter was difficult as we learned the news of my niece's (Amy) passing just as we finished our last service.  Amy had Cystic Fibrosis and lost her lifelong battle just before her 23rd birthday. 
I decided, because I really love the dress, to wear my pink linen Ralph Lauren a second year.  The dress is sleeveless, and I never show off my ugly arms, so a covering is necessary. But for my emotional well-being, I decided to avoid duplicating too much of last Easter and made the decision to knit myself a new shawl to go with my dress.  This is the Summer Blooms Shawl, designed by Susanna IC for the cover of Interweave Knits Magazine, Summer of 2012.  My yarn is Tosh Merino Light in the colorway - Molly Ringwald!  I love the blooms visible in the pattern and the beads which add elegance.  The shawl took me about 35 hours to complete to the point of blocking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.