Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shattered Sun

Recently I finished a shawl from a pattern which is so beautiful that I put it on my to-knit list as soon as I saw it.  Additionally, I purchased the recommended yarn, something I don't always do.  The yarn is so awesome - a luxury by anyone's standards.  It's blend of 45% cashmere and 55% silk is so amazingly soft that I may be permanently spoiled for any other fiber. 

The colorway is called Lemon Curd - and is as yummy as the name sounds.  I did add a few more rows to
the bottom section to add to the original size, as suggested by the designer of this Shattered Sun Shawl, Felicia Lo.  The yarn is by her company, Sweet Georgia Yarns.  The finished, post-blocked size of the shawl is 64" x 27" to the ruffle.  I love the wonderfully femine touch it adds!





3 comments:

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.