Sunday, January 6, 2013

This One's For the Girls

I challenged myself to knit shawls for each of the ladies in my family to give for their Christmas gift.  Well, I nearly succeeded.  The only shawl I failed to finish in time was the special request of our daughter, Melissa. 

She had seen this shawl at the Texas State Fair that really called her name (more like yelled).  She immediately dragged me over to the display case to see it and ask me to knit it for her. 

I was blessed to come across a webpage of the fair-ribbon-winner who graciously shared the pattern name.  It is the Sagrantino Shawl and the designer is Loredana Gianferri. It is finally finished.  I decided to add the i-cord border, which wasn't part of the pattern, so it took a bit longer. I selected three yarns with increasing amounts of Melissa's favorite color - purple for the project.  Blocking this shawl also took a bit more time as Texas has been cold lately and my craft area is a section of our garage. 


This is also the introduction of 'Manny'.  Manny was my Christmas gift from my sweet husband.  She is an adjustable dress form and I hope she will be my permanent model for knitting photographs in the future. 




While the Sagrantino Shawl was blocking, I knit this little baby sweater designed by Carole Barenys for my husband's step-nephew and wife's first baby. She was due after the New Year but arrived just before! 




Don't you just love these adorable ladybug buttons?! 

I do love knitting in fun 'girl' colors! They are so bright and full of energy.  I pray both these girls' experience lives filled with brightness, energy, joy and love -  as I've knit for them with love.

5 comments:

  1. Both pieces are so beautiful. Missy's shawl is spectacular and the baby sweater is adorable. As usual........you outdid yourself, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought I replied but I must be too tired to get it right, so I'm going to try again. These projects are very beautiful and I know that they will be much appreciated. I really love the shawl that you made for me and whenever I wear it I will remember that it was loving crafted for me by you. Thank you for such a special gift. Love, Jan (your twin sister for those who don't know) PS I love your blog, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the buttons. So sweet!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shawl is drop dead gorgeous. Really a work of art!

    Nikki in Temple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are so talented!! I think I need to put an order in for a little sweater! That is adorable! :)

    Lindsay Heard-Gifford

    ReplyDelete

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.