Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Southern Comfort

 
I'm so excited about this coming weekend.  I'm heading south to the Hill Country.  Everyone who knows me, knows that the Hill Country of Texas holds a place of great love in my
heart.  Why?  Because family lives there.  Especially my favorite little 5 year old red-headed date!  We are both looking forward to our night on the town together.  I'll also enjoy time sitting on the front porch of my brother and sister-in-law's home.  Playing games with Dakota and feeding the deer who live in the neighborhood. What a great place to sit, visit, knit and enjoy the surrounding nature. 







Another reason for my delight in this region are the various retreat
facility offerings.  One of my favorites is Comfort's Haven River Inn.  Lamb's Tale Ministries has been generous and gracious in hosting us for a few days each year for the past 7 years.  This will be a special visit as I've been invited by my sister-in-law, Sharon, to join her and the ladies of her church for their annual women's retreat!  What wonderful anticipation - time spent on their amazing wrap-around porch.  I have plans to visit, study, pray, knit and spin on my spinning wheel.  I'll also have my eyes open for the rapid darting of the hummingbirds who also enjoy a bit of porch time.

Comfort is home to still more delights for the fiber enthusiast. They have a great yarn store - The Tinsmith's Wife!  Noro and Laurel, their welcoming cats, are always anxious to help you select the perfect fiber and just walking in the store starts the creative juices flowing. It is great fun to stop along the road and watch the lambs frolic in the fields, as many ranches have flocks.

The entire region is filled with color each spring as the bluebonnets, paintbrushes and a wide array of beautiful wildflowers spread across the pastures, highway medians and back country roads.

My husband and I have hopes of one day owning property in this area of the Hill Country and always look forward to our time in this part of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.