Sunday, August 10, 2014

Enchilada Cube Steak

I really like cooking with cube steak beef cutlets.  They allow for easy portioning, are fairly lean, can be prepared in a number of ways and lend themselves to cooking creative, easy meals.  I've already shared my Italian Meat Patties and Swiss (Mock) Steak recipes last year. I have another recipe to share today for Mexican Cube Steaks. Like my previous recipes using cube steak, the longer you leave this in the oven, the tenderer the meat and greater the flavor.
 
What you need:
Beef Cube Steaks
Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
Ro-tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
Corn (I like using corn on the cob)
Shredded Cheese

Putting it together:
Shuck the corn, removing as much of the silk as possible.  Place the cube steak in a single layer in an oven proof pan.  Pour the green chile sauce over the meat, then pour the Ro-tel over the sauce. Place the corn around the cube steaks. Cover the pan and place in a 350 degree oven.  I allow this to cook for an hour, minimum.  If you have more time, go ahead and leave it in the oven.  If you like cheese, add it to your enchilada cube steak just before you serve your meal.
I've lost nearly 50 pounds, so I wanted a recipe with great enchilada flavor but without the carbs. If you aren't watching your weight, you may want to prepare some tortillas to enjoy when you plate up your meal.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. Have you ever tried it in the crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just prepare it in the oven, but it can easily be made in a slow-cooker. You may want to delay when you put the corn in or even cook it separately. I'd choose low and a half-day minimum cooking time. Put it in before heading out for a full day and come home to a tasty dinner!

      Delete
  2. Think I will try this tonight!

    ReplyDelete

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.