Thursday, May 29, 2014

Where the Buffalo Roam - Heaven Light

I wanted to knit something special for the cruise my daughter and I shared.  Buffalo Wool Company had just the thing when I received some Heaven Light fiber from them in a 'trick or treat' promotion.  This fiber is as the name implies - heaven to work with.  The light comes from the fact that the yardage for this lace weight yarn was just shy of weighing the required 50 grams keeping it from being sold in the original line.  The fiber is 100% bison and is so soft.  The color is a beautiful medium brown.

The pattern I used is Frederica by Susanna IC.  I've knit her patterns before (check out my blog on Lace Shawl with Nubs and my Easter Shawl) and really like the crescent shape as it hugs the shoulders nicely.  Additionally, I used some beads I purchased at a local hobby store to add the extra sparkle. 
 
Buffalo is usually considered a very warm fiber but when you use the lace variety you end up with a luxury product that offers just the right coverage from the air conditioner or an evening breeze coming off the Gulf waters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.