Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Pi Shawl

I feel that I must apologize to you for the delay in posting.  Our Internet was down for over 2 weeks and I had my gallbladder removed in an emergency surgery last week.  All is nearing normal again and I thought you might like to learn more about my Pi Shawl that I knit at the end of last year.

As 2013 came to a close, I felt the deep sense of accomplishment as I completed knitting my first round shawl.  It took just over a month to knit this Elizabeth Zimmerman 100th Anniversary Pi Shawl, Gull Wings Version by Mwaa Knit. I used Maharashtra Silk, a lovely raw fiber in these yummy varied colors.  The pattern is worked from the inside out, leaving an extraordinary number (over 1200) stitches to bind off.  

By the time I got around to blocking this shawl, it took 5 hours of crawling around on the floor to get it to a place that satisfied my perfectionist quality.  The floor was the only surface in our home that could handle the 72 inch diameter size of this shawl. Many times, knitters never even tackle these projects because of the shear size of the finished projects. It is surprisingly versatile as a wrap, as it can be worn folded in half, scrunched up as a scarf or fully open with a small fold forming a collar.










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! What a gorgeous shawl, destined to be an heirloom! (ShyVi in ravelry)

    ReplyDelete

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.