Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Knit for a Princess

I am so excited that Ashley and Preston are expecting a princess!  As a knitter, it means that I get to search out patterns that are girlie, frilly, pink and exactly what a princess should have in her wardrobe.  That is exactly what I did...

I found the following patterns on Ravelry - a FREE social network site for people who knit and crochet.

The tiara is "circlet" by Dani Sunshine.  I added 6/0 beads to each of the yarn overs, all the way around the crown.  I also went back after it was knit and added Swarovski crystals for a more regal look. 
The bootees are "Saartje's Bootees" by Saartje de Bruijn. Although not a difficult pattern, I decided to rework the pattern from the heal to toe to eliminate some threads that would need to be woven in. 
 
The sweater is "Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater" by Carole Barenys.  I've made this sweater a couple times before and really like the way it works up.  I coordinated the buttons to match the bootees, using clear, faceted ball buttons for a rich, elegant fashion statement.
 
The yarn I used is a favorite from Madtosh. The colorway is Molly Ringwald and is the same as I used for my Easter Shawl in their yummy Tosh Merino Light line. 
 
I know that when this princess arrives in a few weeks, she will immediately rule our hearts for she is eagerly anticipated and already greatly loved.
 
Our Lord reminds us in Psalm 139:13-18
 
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand
when I awake, I am still with you.
 
We give thanks to God for this precious little girl and the knowledge that You, Lord, have already ordained her days. God - we love that You are so awesomely creative and praise You for her life and for those who eagerly await her arrival.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.