Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Snow-White Cashmere Scarf

Recently, I had the opportunity to trade a bit of lace knitting for a small display table. The scarf needed to be a luxury fiber as it was to be a mother's Christmas gift.  Because of the recipient's coloring and clothing, it was decided that white was a perfect choice.  Normally, I don't knit in pure white (especially at a time of year when I'm so involved in baking) because just a small amount of dirt transfers so easily.  I had pulled a few options and the daughter made the selection.  That's how I ended up using a fabulous 100% cashmere fiber. 

I selected the Fern Lace Scarf by Knitting Pixie for the pattern because it was delicate in style, fitting for this jojoland lace yarn.  Once I finished it, I blocked it to its final 8" x 60" measurements.  It was light and airy but the cashmere will be a comfortably warm fiber for our Texas climate. 

I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.  I may now just have to knit myself something using this wonderfully luxurious white fiber!








2 comments:

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.