Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bubba, Bella and Bucee's

I just returned from a quick trip of 700 miles.  I had to leave just as the sun was coming up so that I could be in the Tyler area early afternoon for some dental work (prior dentist was finishing some work he started). While there I was thrilled to have lunch with a couple of my knitting gals. We were so busy visiting, knitting and eating that I didn't have time to get a photo.

After I got my new crown, I headed off to Round Rock to see my nephew play football.  Ian is the first boy in our extended family to be born in Texas.  Since every good Texas family needs a Bubba - well, you get the idea.  But lets keep this between us, as it is kinda a family nickname with more to the backstory than I can share here!
Ian has grown into a really wonderful young man.  He is handsome, considerate, loves football and tries to forget homework - he's a junior!  Over the summer, Ian had his first job working as a lifeguard at the kid's pool for his town.  He saved a child from drowning in his first week!

By the time I arrived at the game, the Round Rock Dragons had enough points on the scoreboard that Ian was done playing for the night.  I had to settle for these photos. 

While in RR, I also got to spend time with Miss Bella - a precoscious princess who rules our hearts! She blessed me with a brief photo op.  I love this one because her tail reminds me of the way we wore our ponytails in the 80's - on top our heads and spread out.  Her loyal (forced) subject is the sweet Cinny.
As I drove home, I saw this amazing old barn.  I have a thing for old barns - I love to photograph them and try to capture their character.

My break was taken at the second biggest Bucee's in Texas.  This is a perfect place to stop, stretch and pick up a snack (or a meal, even).  Their pride is in the overwhelming number of restroom stalls they have - enough for a busload of ladies with a dozen left over!  They are always clean.  Bucee's is something to experience.  Oh, and don't forget to get a picture with their mascot.












No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a delay in comments posting as they are verified before publishing.

Please use follow by email to receive email within 24 hours of a new posting. Subscribe does not seem to work, so again, please follow by email.